About three years ago, a girl I played rugby with for years and a close friend was killed, the dream is just what the image of it happening looks like in my head. I'd not spoken to Eilli's best mate in a while so I messaged her and we where chatting just generally, then she disappeared for a bit and came back. The only thing she was saying was Ellis dead over and over again but we didn't know it was actually true because nobody was giving a clear answer. Stayed up with her the whole night, then in the morning the traffic was all backed up outside the house because they shut off the motorway. It was all over the news and the news papers. Horrific for her family, generally horrific. Nobody knew why she was there but they suspect she was drunk and fell into the road, there must have been seven or eight drivers that got taken in by the police because they had all hit her. Claimed they had thought she was "road kill" which makes my blood boil. One of those things that just sticks you know? It's not easy to let go of but I don't know. She was a seriously wacky one, there was one time we were playing a match and the scrum collapsed ontop of me. I felt someone grab my feet and drag me out backwards from underneath, elli was standing there with a stupid grin on her face. She said something along the lines of saved your from the fatties haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment